It's 12:23am and I have to wake up at 6:30am





The cabinets are blue.



The cabinets are blue.





The cabinets are blue and my feet are cold.








It's traveling up to my shoulders.








There's something in the shadows lingering.








They won't go away.








I keep seeing her face.








I saw it for two seconds.








But,








It's projecting into everything and into everyone.








The dirt from the show.








I get it now, it means they're buried.








They're buried and I am too.








I flipped my store bought arepa.








It's crusty on the back, I'm gonna hate the texture.








It's going to tickle the roof of my mouth, the flakes are gonna dissolve easily in my saliva.








It's nothing like the ones from before.








Nothing like when the uncooked dough squeezed through our knuckles.








Nothing like when the air was lighter.








The shadows keep staring at me.








I have work at 8am.








My boss asked me why I wanted to come in on my day off.








I told her because I felt bad.








I feel bad now.








I feel bad all the time.








The shadows linger even at the best moments.








The gore squishes through the gaps of my teeth.








The blood stays under my fingernails.








My therapist tells me good things.








But the shadows are materializing through things.








And they just won't stop coming closer.








The cabinets are blue.








Nothing like the cabinets from before. 



Comments